August 6th, 2003
2003.0806.1127::Sickness, Hooky, and the Answers to the Cartoon Lyrics Quiz
Wasn't feeling too well yesterday, so I played hooky from work. Well, not entirely, since I did log into my work machine and worked on a bit of code and documentation. But mostly it was hanging about at home feeling not at all up to snuff and playing a little Playstation (No, not DDRMax--I haven't played that since I hurt my back).
Had to captain the team last night, since batnandu
is in Mexico for work. Runa and Amy played hooky from league, so I was left with just five players to work with. We only took one win out of the five matches, but I doubt there was really any other way to post. We're probably going to drop to fifth place in a league of 6 teams. w00t!
And here are the
answers to the Cartoon Lyrics Quiz:
- Ain't he unglamour-rays? - Hulk
- Is he strong? Listen, bud. - Spider-man
- Magic and mystery are part of their history. - Gummi Bears
- Adventure's waitin' just ahead. - Speed Racer
- Gotta get up, I gotta get goin'. - The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- North winds blow! South winds blow! Typhoons, hurricanes, earthquakes...Smog! - Elmer Fudd in Looney Tunes' "What's Opera, Doc?"
- As the battle goes on, we feel stronger. How much longer must this go on? - Lynn Minmei, "We Will Win" from Robotech
- There's another shinin' face that you might see some night up in the sky... - Schoolhouse Rock, "Interplanet Janet"
- Now and again, we need a hero. - Galaxy Rangers
- Dare! Better believe you can survive. - "Dare" from Transformers: The Movie