July 31st, 2003
Here are the answers to yesterday's movie quotes thing, as well as some expanded quotes to better place them in the movies...
- "Over Macho Grandé?"
"No, I don't think I'll ever get over Macho Grandé. Those wounds run...deep" - Airplane II
- "Alright you hayseeds this is a stickup! Everybody freeze. Everybody down on the ground..." - Raising Arizona
- "The whole Judy Garland thing kind of turned me on. Does that make me some kind of fag?"
"No, man, you're money." - Swingers
- "Do you know what this is? It's my heart. It's broken." - Great Expectations
- "In English, please."
"Gimme da kees, cahsah, wha da fuh!?" - The Usual Suspects
- "I took her to a place that wasn't human: She actually meowed."
"You made a woman meow?" - When Harry Met Sally
- "You just moved your finger! That's wonderful!" - The Princess Bride
- "Damn baby, what you do to your hair?"
"Do you like it? It's Autumn Sunrise!" - Ghost
- "'I don't get it! I don't get it!' What is he trying to eviscerate me?" - Big
- "Gooooooooo...Eagles!" - The Hudsucker Proxy
Out of the ten movies listed, I have seen seven -- and yet I couldn't place any of those quotes.
Geeze. I suck.
I was trying to make them either obscure parts of popular quotes or some blatantly obscure ones. My best friend got eight, but that's because he's always hanging around when I'm quoting these movies incessantly.
Well, you succeeded in your obscure aims.
Too obvious. I think my favorite line from that movie is when the younger son is singing "Do you know the Muffin Man?" whilst building a sand castle, but that's a bit ambiguous.