I made the mistake of hooking up the PS2 and starting up Enter the Matrix
last night around 7:45 or so. When I next looked at the clock, it was 10:15 or so. This recovering gaming junkie needs this addiction not.
Especially with the large number of things that I need to get done. I started the evening by trying to setup the SiPix Blink to take pictures of various Texas Hold'em hands for some LJ icons/mood icons, but the SiPix is a horrendous piece of shit when it comes to taking pictures indoors, even with direct lighting, so that was a wash.
Also on my plate: Books I have to/should/have purchased to read:
- Positively Fifth Street
- Earnie's copy of Poker Nation
- Dumbing Down for the book club
- The Secret History
- Play Poker Like the Pros by Phil Hellmuth
- Girls' Poker Night
- China Boy
- The Rape of Nanking
Stuff I have to/should do:
- Find some way of getting those Texas Hold'Em hand pictures.
- Transcribe a bunch of Mandarin from Making Out in Chinese for taraljc.
- Hash out the plot/character problems in the Willow/Xander post-Chosen piece before July 15.
- Record and watch thirteen episodes of this season's Six Feet Under off of the TiVo for Jackie.
- Make the MP3 CD that I promised khubli a while ago.
- Fix the sound card problems with my mini-tower PC.
- Find some more ways of saving money before August 14.
I'd also like to say hey to the Fishes. :)