March 21st, 2003
Cut for those who don't care...Friday Five
The Thursday 13
- If you had the chance to meet someone you've never met, from the past or present, who would it be?
Weird question...I don't have any particular yearning to meet anyone, except perhaps Emma Tucker, my ex-girlfriend's daughter.
- If you had to live in a different century, past or future, which would it be?
Probably the 30th Century, so I could hang out with Bender.
"Well, thanks to the Internet, I'm now bored with sex." -- Fry, Futurama
- If you had to move anywhere else on Earth, where would it be?
- If you had to be a fictional character, who would it be?
Hrmm... When I was younger I might have said Wolverine...the healing factor, the heightened senses. Nowadays, I'm not sure. Should I go with Hiro Protagonist, hacker extraordinaire? Or the romantic simplicity of Yusaku Godai?
- If you had to live with having someone else's face as your own for the rest of your life, whose would it be?
I rather like my face... Dean Cain or Russell Wong would be good upgrades without changing the essentials (East Asian-ness & complexion, etc.).
- Who is your favourite movie hero? Why?
I'm not sure I have a favorite. Trinity kicks ass, I rather liked Connor McCleod before the insipid sequels came out. One of my favorites is definitely Fong Sai Yuk, where Jet Li's comic charisma outshines anything he's done in an American production. Clooney's Danny Ocean and Jack Foley are both great as well.
- Who is your favourite movie villain? Why?
Keyser Soze. Because he used to be in a Barbershop Quartet in Skokie, IL.
- If you had to live the rest of your life as a movie hero or villain, who would you choose and why?
Probably Keyser Soze. Smart, diabolical, unaccountable.
- What is your favourite movie? Why?
I don't have a particular favorite. I've seen far too many to choose just one.
- What was the worst movie that you ever sat all the way through? Why did you watch the whole thing?
Either Batman and Robin--I went with Stacey, and she seemed to enjoy it--Cool World, where Rose Marie and I joined another couple, or Mission to Mars, where I went with another group.
I always try to give a bad movie a chance to redeem itself, though, so I've more than my share of bad movies.
- What is your favourite day of the week?
- What is your favourite outdoor activity?
If I ever did it with any regularity, it would be rock climbing. As it stands, though, I've done far more skiing than outdoor rock climbing, and they're both up there.
- What is your favourite indoor activity?
Either the obvious, or reading.
- Do you prefer being hot or cold?
Cold. You can always put on more clothes...
- Why is snow better than rain?
It's more picturesque, and if there's enough of it...ski-time!
- If you could have your favourite books read to you by anyone in the world (celebrity or not) who would it be?
Depends on the book. Jon Krakauer read Into Thin Air quite well, where you could really hear the anguish in his voice. Kier Dullea reads a mean Philip K. Dick story.
Given that I've thought about auditioning for audiobook reading, I suppose I'd prefer to read them myself.
- How tall are you? If you could, would you want to be taller or shorter? and the inevitable -- Why?
I'm just shy of 6'0". I wouldn't change my height.
- Pink or Mint Green? Why?
From those choices, mint green, because it reminds me of mint chocolate chip ice cream.