January 30th, 2009
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you OR I've already read yours and think we have a lot in common.
Honestly, I'm not going to tag anyone because either you've already been tagged or you're getting tired of this whole thing...
- I've done this before, but with 100 things. Any item listed with a number is a reference back to the numbered item in that post.
- I'm a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP), which means that I process stimuli to a greater degree than the average person, and the range between where I'm understimulated and overstimulated is far smaller. So from what I can remember of my childhood, my extreme introversion is not innate, but is a result of my high emotional sensitivity to ridicule when I was younger.
- I'm guessing that growing up as a minor minority in Miami didn't help the feelings of being on the outside of things.
- I'm ready to have children. I've been ready to have children since 1995.
- Despite a long hiatus of not writing, I still write poetry, but I'm also still convinced I'll never write anything as good as Abraham (41).
- That I've again experienced a situation where the woman that I love leaves me and starts dating a mutual friend (76) makes me all the more bitter (77).
- I still haven't gotten the black splotch on my back (96) checked, confirming (27).
- I should probably go see a psychiatrist, but (27).
- I weigh eighty pounds more than I did in high school.
- In 1991, my senior year of high school, I was 13th best in the nation amongst competing high school students at computing Matrices and Determinants. I can't for the life of me tell you what an eigenvalue is today, though.
- I've had unusually large tonsils my entire life. The dentist makes a point to talk about them every visit.
- When I was younger, I wanted them gone, because I heard that you got to eat lots of ice cream.
- As a result of (95), my opthamologist recommends that I not get LASIK, because of the potential that I may need further retinal detachment correction.
- Whenever I encounter a baby, toddler, child, and sometimes dog, cat, or turtle, I'll say, "Hey, how's it goin'?"
- I've had more than one person say that I bear a resemblance to Elvis Presley (granted, one guy was a panhandler). Frankly, I don't really see it.
- If I'm in the mood, I usually sing Elvis at karaoke. When I told one of my friends that if I ever did karaoke regularly, I'd only sing Elvis, he told me, "You can't do that; there's already an Asian guy who sings Elvis at karaoke." I knew immediately that he was talking about Ben.
- Despite a concerted effort by Iron Maiden, Metallica, and Queensryche to try to blow my ears out, I have a high sensitivity to sound, like being able to hear a car alarm or building construction from five blocks out, or not being able to sleep when a neighbor is playing music loudly.
- I've significantly curtailed my television watching from 17 hours weekly (81) to about 10.
- I'm 3/7ths of my way through my goal of standing on every continent. My next intended continent is Australia.
- I asked Greg, manager/bartender at the Independent, if he would ban me if I got into a fight at the bar. He replied, "I couldn't ban you because if you got into a fight, you'd have a really, really good reason." This made me feel very good for about five minutes.
- My favorite classical composer is Rachmaninoff. My favorite work of his is his Piano Concerto No. 2
- I keep learning that adult life is just like high school, and I wish everyone would cut that crap out.
- I have a tremendous amount of respect for people with unshakeable faith and morality like Tim Tebow and Danny Wuerffel.
- I am an emotional voyeur--I like sites like Postsecret, Dear Old Love, and F*** My Life.
- I tried very hard to not be a whiny emo bitch putting this list together.
You should friend me.
Not that I write anything interesting because I am ultimately boring.