Last night, I rushed home to meet up with ifuwereafrog
for dinner, but when I went to my car to go pick her up, I noticed that the driver's side door was not fully closed. My initial thought was that I didn't close it properly when I last drove, but I realized that all my belongings in the car had been rifled through. Urgently needing to meet up with Erin (and having a dead battery from the dome-light), I locked up the car and decided to go over it today.
Around lunchtime today, I called up AAA to get a battery boost, and when they arrived, took a quick inventory of things that I should expect to find in my car, but are not in there:
- A ziplock bag of quarters amounting to about ten dollars in the change cup
- Other change in the driver's side hand-hold.
- My portable air-compressor for use refilling tires when they go flat.
- An emergency car kit including various tools and a set of jumper cables.
- An FM Transmitter for portable music players (and included cable) which could also play mp3s off of USB drives.
- A CD case full of CD-Rs burned with music.
- Who knows what else?
Silver linings: The thieves didn't break a window or anything to get in, so no damage, and they didn't take the CDs located on the visor which include actual purchased-from-store CDs.
Still, getting burgled sucks the bag.