links to an Aurgasm post
about Korean-American singer-songwriter Priscilla Ahn, who sounds to me a bit like Dar Williams.
A comedian named Russell Peters details why people of African descent shouldn't necessarily be offended around gibbering Mandarin-speakers
. My brother often asks for "clarification" from my parents when they unknowingly channel Nathan Bedford Forrest through their native tongue.
And two memes from cee_m
: Comment and I'll give you a letter. In your journal, list 10 of your favorite songs that begin with that letter.
- "Paper Lanterns" - Green Day
- "Paper Thin" - Hot Water Music
- "Paradise City" - Guns N' Roses
- "Persona" - Blue Man Group
- "Pimpf" - Depeche Mode
- "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want" - Dream Academy
- "Pokinoi (Sasha Remix)" from Cirque du Soleil's Delirium
- "Polk Salad Annie" - Elvis Presley
- "Proud of Your Boy" - Mencken and Ashman (from the original treatment for Aladdin)
- "Pure" - The Lightning Seeds
Comment and I'll give you a letter. In your LJ, post ten of your favorite movies that begin with that letter.
- Seven Samurai
- Shaun of the Dead
- The Shawshank Redemption
- Silence of the Lambs
- Spirited Away
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Star Wars
DragonCon is in a few days, and I'm feeling positively ambivalent about it. I've had so much work lately, I guess it's eating into my enthusiasm.