January 24th, 2003
The Friday Five
- What is one thing you don't like about your body?
Other than the proliferation of acne that I've had for too long, I'm getting a bit tubby.
- What are two things you love about your body?
Despite the general feeling that most people are in some way bigger than me, I've found that I'm taller than the average person.
The hollows of my larynx have caught the ear of a lot of people as well.
- What are three things you want to change about your home?
I would like to
- Replace the hardwoods with ones that aren't so warped--maybe go a bit darker with the color, as well,
- Paint the walls something less neutral, and
- Replace the windows that face the parking lot with the multimedia windows I read about on Slashdot which can opaque themselves at the touch of a switch to be projector screens/speakers.
- What are four books you want to read this year?
At the very least:
Bringing Down the House, Ben Mezrich.
Super-System, Doyle Brunson.
The Secret History, Donna Tartt.
American Normal, Lawrence Osbourne.
- What are five promises you have kept to yourself?
Hrmm... Other than my own insistence to get out of Miami and my parents' house (a la Less Than Jake's "Al's War"), I've never really made promises to myself--it keeps my expectations of low.