August 25th, 2006
Some things I was disappointed to learn (feel free to guess at the movie and the disappointing sequel):
- The guy who would lead the revolt was a whiny brat.
Terminator and Terminator 2 (batnandu)
- The reason they're different is because they're from another planet.
Highlander and Highlander 2
thepeopleseason: that's basically a sequel that ruins the first movie.
batnandu: oh totally
thepeopleseason: why are they immortal?
thepeopleseason: because they're from another planet.
thepeopleseason: fuck that shit.
- She may be able to kick some major ass hand-to-hand, but apparently she has a problem with her wrist flexibility which inhibits her ability to open a throttle on a motorcycle.
The Matrix and The Matrix: Reloaded (batnandu)
- He might be all messed up from the war, but that doesn't stop him from going around and killing a whole mess of Russkies!
First Blood and Rambo III (batnandu)
- They may look like they'll kick your ass, but throw some sticks and rocks at them, and they'll run away.
Star Wars and Return of the Jedi (batnandu)
- His powers only work when he's happy/confident
Spider-man and Spider-man II
batnandu: you thought [Spider-man 2] was disappointing?
thepeopleseason: I just meant that that aspect of it was like "wha?"
batnandu: that part of [Spider-man 2] was a rather radical reinterpretation of the text
thepeopleseason: organic webshooters I can handle.
thepeopleseason: spiderimpotence... not so much.
thepeopleseason: oh sorry.
thepeopleseason: spirectile dysfunction.
- That stuff that kills him? It just makes him cranky when you replace an unknown component of it with tar
Superman and Superman III (batnandu)
- Apparently, criminals, a cowardly and superstitious lot, are afraid of faux-nipples
Batman and Batman Forever and Batman and Robin (fyrdrakken)
- The badass bad guy who "killed" the hero's father was a whiny, emo, self-obsessed tool.
Star Wars and Attack of the Clones (batnandu, who adds, "but then, so is the hero")
- When those teeth are coming at you, just run--you're faster than it is.
Aliens and Alien3 (dixiebelle)
Also, GIP. The Pink Gator absolutely hates this new icon.
8 has gotta be Batman
and I guess Batman Returns
or whatever the second one was called. 10 makes me wonder if it's a Jaws thing, but shark + running doesn't seem to quite work.
Best that I can tell, the faux-nipples started with Batman Forever
when Joel Schumacher took over the franchise.
Wild guess here- Tremors?
Nope. Great movie, though. Did the Graboids have teeth?
My guess is Aliens and any of it's sequels...
Yay! For once I guessed one before anyone else beat me to it...
| -anon-::2006.08.29.05:23 pm|
I really really hate it. When are you gonna use that one which says, "Ron Weasley is SO emo"?
- Pink Gator