August 23rd, 2006
A. Pick 16 of your favorite movies.
B. Then pick one of your favorite quotes from each movie.
C. Post the quotes in your journal.
D. Have those on your friends list try to guess what the movie is.
NO GOOGLING ALLOWED. EITHER YOU KNOW IT OR YOU DON'T.
E. Strike out the quote once it has been correctly identified and place the guesser's username directly after the quote.
- You love her. She'll only break your heart. It's a fact. It's tragic. You're already in love with her.
Great Expectations (juliet_a)
- Nah. Not that motherscratcher--Bill Parker!
Raising Arizona (batnandu)
- Melt wizard.
- I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice. But still, the place you live is that much more drab and empty that they're gone.
The Shawshank Redemption (The Pink Gator)
- And on that farm he shot some guys...
The Usual Suspects (bpeace)
- Yeah, but, you are aware that there's an invention called television, and on this invention they show shows, right?
Pulp Fiction (bpeace)
- R U O K?
L.A. Story (The Pink Gator)
- You are what you choose to be. You choose.
The Iron Giant (alaskankoala)
- You know, I have a theory that hieroglyphics are just an ancient comic strip about a character named Sphinxy.
When Harry Met Sally (stalkyoulater)
- Stop saying that!
The Princess Bride (glueandglitter)
- We have top men working on it now.
Raiders of the Lost Ark (stalkyoulater)
- You know, I wish my parents played Mozart when I slept because half the time I don't even know what the heck anyone's talking about!
The Incredibles (bpeace)
- Sand is overrated. It's just tiny, little rocks.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (stalkyoulater)
- I want my lamp back. I'm gonna need it to get out of this slimy mudhole.
The Empire Strikes Back (bpeace)
- You the king of the forest?
Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle (alaskankoala)
- Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?
It's too bad batnandu
will get all of these on the first try.
6. Resevoir Dogs
10. Princess Bride
I will be so embarrased if either of these is wrong...they are 2 of my favorites, too!
Reservoir Dogs is incorrect.close though....
| -anon-::2006.08.23.06:54 pm::Pink Gator obviously hasn't seen enough movies....|
7 is LA Story and 4 is Shawshank Redemption
#4 is Shawshank Redemption...
#10 Princess Bride?
I'm sure I know more... but this week my mind is all cluttered up with Algebra... stupid school...
4. The Shawshank Redemption
5. The Usual Suspects
6. Pulp Fiction
12. The Incredibles
14. The Empire Strikes Back
I knew lots of these just too slow in reading the post.
#9 When Harry Met Sally
#16 Swingers (I haven't seen this movie all the way through but I still remember the line)
# 13 Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
# 11 Raiders of the Lost Ark ( I use this line all the time when I don't know the answer to things and no one gets it but I just laugh)
I'm thinking about #1. I know it but I think a pencil in the eye might bring the memory to the forefront of my brain.
8. Mother Night? Nah, but that's close.
1. I'm gonna say Say Anything, but again, I'm 90% sure I'm wrong.
Nope on both counts :(
8 is Iron Giant
15 is Harold and Kumar
Hi there -- pardon my intrusion. You don't know me, but I just stumbled into this entry when I Googled "movie quotes meme", so here I am. :) I was surprised to see that nobody knew your quote #1, especially given the userpic you're using on this entry. :) It's Great Expectations
(1998) and it's said by Miss