February 23rd, 2006
I managed to get an extra ticket to the INXS concert from fiyero2005
last night, so I joined up with cee_m
, and various other people to attend. For the most part, it was a really good show, and I'm not even that big a fan of INXS.
So, in no particular order, here follows a few observations about said concert:
- Dear Suburban Housewives: If you're going to throw the goat to express your enthusiasm for the band, be sure to tuck in that thumb. This isn't ASL, it's rock 'n' fuckin' roll.
- Maybe this is just my recent re-acquiring of Amped: Notes from a Go-Nowhere Punk Band (one of the greatest books ever to see print), my learning of how to play "Restless" by Rumbleseat on guitar, or just splash-enthusiasm from playing Guitar Hero, but going to concerts makes me want to put a band together again.
- I never watched Rockstar or whatever the reality show was where INXS found their new lead singer, but according to The Coffee Achiever, they went cliché with the one they picked--someone she described as a "Michael Hutchence-lookalike assclown." Now, granted, I have no idea what he was like on the show, but the boy knows how to put on a good show.
- The opening band, The LoveHammers, has some pretty rocking songs.
- I'm secure enough in my sexuality to acknowledge that the new guy's stage presence is pretty much pure sex.
Afterwards, a bunch of us tried to get a late dinner at O'Terrill's, but they had a limited (fried-only) menu, so we went to the Midtown Tavern instead.
Disappointing, because O'Terrill's had a big screen TV with Guitar Hero
hooked up; and there's nothing like a concert to get me hankering to play (real or game) guitar.
I'm secure enough in my sexuality to acknowledge that the new guy's stage presence is pretty much pure sex.
I'm secure enough in your sexuality to agree.
Damn, I'm feeling left out.
I have to go to Fry's weekly to play Guitar Hero in public.
And there are restaurants with Guitar Hero hooked up? Do you not have my phone number?
Granted, this was at about 11:00 PM on a Wednesday night, and we didn't even stay.
I'll let you know next time there's a GH night at the Independent.