March 3rd, 2005
2005.0303.1625::It's a good thing she didn't have any singles at the time...
I met some friends at Udipi Cafe for lunch today, and E. told me the story of how she went for a date at another Indian restaurant. She recounted how she was nervous upon finding the restaurant, because it was in this strip mall with all sorts of teenage hoodlums hanging out in the parking lot. A., the other friend at the table had this to offer:
Yeah, but they were Hindu Hoodlums. They wouldn't even hurt a cow.
And, I've seen it around everywhere. Here's the Top Ten things that I've done that you probably haven't
- Played poker with Emmanuel Lewis for real cash.
- Pet a urine-soaked cat while getting stood up for a date.
- Considered a commitment-free fatherhood request from a lesbian friend.
- Had a laser shot into my eye over 1500 times.
- Almost flunked out of the Accounting program at UF after ditching the majority of Financial and Cost Accounting II classes for the entire semester.
- Had my mother attribute my near-flunkout to bad Feng Shui.
- Passed, with flying colors, the Intro to Unix class at UF when only attending the first and last scheduled classes.
- Been mistaken for a male exotic dancer by my boss' wife.
- Been dumped on Valentine's Day.
- Garnered a Master's Degree in Computer Science with a fifty-some-page, unimplemented thesis.
I met my wife because of 9. Her, not me. And I've known at least two others who got dumped then. It isn't just you and Xander.
Yeah, I kinda stopped trying so hard at that point... :)
So why did you say no to 3?
I knew I would feel a serious sense of obligation.
I've done #3
as well and turned it down for the same reason you did. I don't believe that could ever be commitment-free.
I was real close on #9
. I actually got dumped on the 10th. On the 12th I hopped in a car with BK and took off for Hollywood. On the 14th we were probably somewhere in Texas or New Mexico. And I started to cut a wisdom tooth as soon as we left town. Lots of pain and joy that trip.
On the 14th we were probably somewhere in Texas or New Mexico.
If I could guess, it was probably San Antonio.
Ohhh, that's low down and mean. I love it.
We were actually on the northern end, through Oklahoma City, Amarillo, Albuquerque. I-40 that would be.