December 13th, 2004
Here's yet another playlist lyrics thing from just about everybody:
1) On your current playlist, hit shuffle and pick the first thirty songs on the list.
2) Write down one line of the song. Try to avoid putting the song title in the line. (I sorta fudged on this one a bit)
3) Have your friends comment and see if they know the songs. (NO CHEATING!)
4) When someone guesses correctly, strike out the line and list the correct name of the song next to it. (Title AND artist have to be correctly guessed.)
- Keep knocking back the whiskey sours
- I feel good all over. Wear your inside out.
- And I'm not containing my pleasure at being so wet.
Ran into some trouble that turned into a struggle halfway across Alabam'
"Promised Land" - Elvis Presley (hradzka)
- Sometimes you picture me--I'm walking too far ahead.
- I know in darkness I will find you giving up inside, like me.
- Do you know how many times I stared at clouds thinking that I saw you there?
- Someone I am is waiting for my courage.
- On the telephone, and there's never no answer.
- Would it be a sin if I...
Along came Jim Dandy, and they snuck right out the door
"Little Sister" - Elvis Presley (capn_ken)
- If love is surrender, then whose war is it anyway?
- My defenses are down, a kiss or a frown.
- When all of my clothes feel like somebody's old throwaways
- Never really knowing it was always mesh and lace
- I think that tonight I will sneak into your house and I'll sing songs and wake you up
- You can do most anything as long as it's exactly how I say
Darning his socks in the night
"Eleanor Rigby" - The Beatles (smooochy)
- Study your body when you walk out of the room
- And I wish you the best, but I could do without it
- I bare my heart for all to see with my face turned to the sun
- Love underwhelms you, no box of chocolates whichever way you fall
- Somehow or another the whole darn thing went wrong
- I wish I was a ruler who'd make them understand. Never. Never say Never.
- I can smell their flesh on everything left in this room.
- I wear this chaos well
- Just don't let a good thing die.
- Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion.
- Like a game of pick-up sticks, played by fucking lunatics.
#4: Chuck Berry, "Promised Land." (The Dead did a rockin' cover of it, too.)
The Dead did a rockin' cover of it, too.
As well as The King...
So if it's a cover, you looking for original artist or whatever version you happen to have?
Kind of hard for things like #11 - Little Sister: could be Elvis, could be Dwight, could be a live Dash Rip Rock show I have ...
yeah, I'm not adhering to the rules in terms of covers, although, a quick perusal of the whole list will tell you who's the number one possibility for most of them.
#18: Eleanor Rigby - The Beatles
27. Suspicious Minds - Elvis Presley