July 28th, 2004
(who will probably get at least one of the obscure ones),
The lyrics meme: On your current playlist, hit shuffle and pick the first twenty songs on the list (no matter how cheesy or embarrassing), and write down a line of the song.
Try to avoid putting the song title in the line. Then have your friends comment and see if they know the songs!
Whoever gets them first and its correct I'll place the title & artist along with the persons name who guessed it. And no cheating searching the lyrics online! Screened to avoid hints.
Some of these might be obscure, some will likely be obvious.
- "I know your plans don't include me."
"We've Got Tonight" Bob Seger ludditerobot
- "Held your hand and watched TV, and traced the little lines along your palm."
- "One child, insecure, displays the confidence he doesn't own"
- "The farmer digs a hole and fills it in with boiling oil."
- "Never lose my hair, I would hate to go without."
- "It doesn't matter if it's real or not, 'cause some things are better left without a doubt."
- "Say a prayer in the darkness for the magic to come."
- "Your bones have been my bedframe."
"Both Hands" Ani DiFranco hradzka
- "Time's so near you can almost taste the freedom."
- "She thinks I oughta get a job, quit taking space up on her couch."
- "I see Orion and say nothing"
"Untouchable Face" Ani DiFranco hradzka
- "You're not ripping out stitches."
- "Teenage girl with ketchup, too."
"I Like Food" The Descendents ludditerobot
- "I did the dishes while you read out loud."
- "So many songs we forgot to play"
- "Yeah, I'm so strung out."
"Blister In The Sun" Violent Femmes ludditerobot
- "So many lifetimes, you've been waiting for it."
- "With your school suitcase tomorrow--well, you don't know."
- "You know we couldn't turn around and face that we had left behind."
- "Heard a voice in the dark, and I knew it was you."
Regular readers of this LJ will know where to find a list of all the songs represented.
Played some poker last night, and more than doubled my buy-in, when I sat down to my first hand--Jacks full playing Omaha 8. Played tightly for most of the night and got a little crazy towards the end. Now I need a few more nights like this to pay for my new computer!
"I know your plans don't include me."
"We've Got Tonight", some syruppy 80s act. Kenny Rogers?
"Teenage girl with ketchup, too."
"I Like Food", Descendents
"Yeah, I'm so strung out."
"Blister In The Sun", Violent Femmes
You got some tough ones, yo.
Yeah--most of them are the odd punk song.
"I see Orion and say nothing" is Ani DiFranco, "Untouchable Face."
"Your bones have been my bedframe" is DiFranco, too -- er, "Both Hands," I think.