Things I have (re-)learned in the past week - that yellow bastard

recent entries:
friends | friends2:
archive:
my friendfeed:
about me:



tags
about me advice art atlanta being yellow books cars climbing comics dad fic food games gaming geekism go gators hell is... holy crap home insomnia language meme money movies music odd poetry poker politics quotes singletude spam tech this sucks travel tv why i rule why i suck work

more bastard
bronze vip archives
notes of a code poet
friendster
furious ming
del.icio.us
dude check this out
pandora
that bastard multiples

that bastard suggests
nandot
cap'n ken
coffee achiever
el guapo
bad news hughes

the stack
secret history:

the queue
battlestar galactica::

recent posts
+ tiiguy

January 12th, 2004


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
2004.0112.2343::Things I have (re-)learned in the past week
  1. Time does not always heal all wounds.
  2. Installing a new ATX Power Supply is easy.
  3. Even if you have a 99.9 percent chance of winning, that ugly 0.1 percent will rear its ugly head. Sometimes that happens twice in a single weekend.
  4. If you haven't been rock climbing in a while, don't expect to be spry and graceful on the rocks.
  5. Clip your toenails before you go to the rock gym.
  6. Helping someone move after you went rock climbing the day before will rob you utterly of any and all energy for the rest of the weekend.
  7. Great Expectations is still a wonderfully lush movie.
  8. Despite being over her, I find it difficult to look directly at the Woman formerly known as the Woman of My Dreams. Knowing this, however, makes hanging out with her not difficult at all.
  9. Very few people on open_on_sunday, in the context of a crossover challenge, know who Abe Sapien is without the specific mention of Hellboy. Surprisingly, fewer people know who Melaka Fray and Aku are (from Joss Whedon's Fray and Samurai Jack, respectively).

    More people in the community, however, know who Hob Gadling is.


3 comments | Leave a comment )

Comments:


tiiguy::2004.01.13.02:04 pm
[User Picture]Even if you have a 99.9 percent chance of winning, that ugly 0.1 percent will rear its ugly head. Sometimes that happens twice in a single weekend.
AND HOW
thepeopleseason::2004.01.13.02:08 pm
[User Picture]That's so heartbreaking. Did you say "You must be the best player here?"


khubli::2004.01.14.02:40 pm
[User Picture]I thought exaggerating when he said his queens set of queens turned into a full house only making quads for someone else until I saw it happen....

Ouch.

Jason: I bet
best player: I raise
Jason: I re-raise
best player: I raise
Jason: I re-raise
best player: I raise
Jason: I raise
best player: I re-raise
Jason: I call.
Jason: you have quads don't you.. as the best player turns over his pocket nine's to match the 2 on the board.. ouch ouch ouch.
Go to Top:
LiveJournal.com