January 20th, 2003
Well, writing the 100 things meme put me in a confessional sort of mood so I went trolling for more stuff to write. I guess I'm just an LJ whore.
- What's the first thing you remember wanting to be when you grew up?
A hotel manager.
- Describe a dream you remember. The first one that comes to mind.
The dreams that I mostly remember are the ones where I've found something of incredible value to me, say like, a girlfriend (or perhaps ex-girlfriend). Invariably, though, I'll wake up and realize it was just a dream; I'll then spend the rest of the morning trying to will myself back to the dream to somehow pull whatever or whomever from the dream to my reality.
- What book are you reading?
Bringing Down the House, by Ben Mezrich
- What colour are your sheets? Curtains?
Sheets: Burgundy, with a disintegrating black comforter which I've had since my freshman year of college.
Curtains: Some Burgundy, some a light olive-toned green.
- What song is in your head right now?
"Proud of Your Boy," Ashman & Mencken
- Waitaminnit... Where are you?
- I am afraid of...:
- Your day job/dream job:
Day job: Software consultant.
Dream job: Writer/some other creative role.
- What movie have you seen the most times?
While Star Wars is probably up there, Jerry and I memorized all of the dialogue to Superman when we were younger.
- One question for Jesus, or Buddha or Muhammed, etc:
I'd rather figure it out on my own...
- The guilty pleasure you'd really rather not admit to here:
I spend an inordinate amount of time playing games with the computer which I could be playing with a wealth of actual opponents, like Chess or Gin.
- Comfort food of choice:
Soup. "Mmm...Noodle Soup."
- What's the last video you rented?
Minority Report on DVD.
- Who do people say you look like?
About a billion other Chinese people...?
Edit: Actually, a bum once thought I looked like Elvis. Go figure.
- What's the bane of your existence?
- What's the last thing you found on the ground and picked up?
A dime. Everytime I see a dime on the ground, I think of Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes saying, "WOW! A Dime!"
- A writer worth reading:
- Where would you like to grow old?
I'm not sure...California? Colorado?
- A word of wisdom:
- The question you get asked ALL THE TIME!!!:
- When was your last hospital visit?
Several months ago, a kitten crawled into my engine block, and I unwittingly started my car. In trying to get a hold of the kitten so I could take it to a vet, it bit me, and I had to go to the Emergency Room for Rabies shots.
- The last thing you said out loud:
"See y'all later."
- Current clothing:
Two t-shirts, layered; boxers and sweatpants--my pajamas.
- Your favourite season:
Winter, although Fall is definitely getting better in my eyes in a locale where it's not perennially 85 degrees.
- In my last lifetime I was probably...
This American Life