February 25th, 2006
- Playing "Both Hands" by Ani DiFranco on guitar is actually not too difficult.
- Battlestar Galactica is quite possibly the most compelling show on television right now.
- If some guys request your presence at a "Guy's Night Out" at the Sex Workers Art Show, you should probably inform them that it will be more thought-provoking/disturbing/amusing than tittilating.
- The assumption that there will not be any lesbians at said art show is a spurious one.
- One of my friends just got hired as an intern (and sometime extra) to work on Good Eats.
- I need to get cracking on this bachelor party.
- A 32-year-old man shouldn't really answer messages from 19-year-old girls on online dating sites.
- This cold, hard rain (like the kind you find in songs) really, really needs to fucking quit it.
| -anon-::2006.02.26.05:57 am::"Are you drinking with me, Jesus?"|
"I know you can walk on water, but can you walk on that much beer?"
For some reason, that kept running through my head during that last BSG episode. (And thank you Bram Cohen for saving me $60/mo.)
|thepeopleseason::2006.02.26.06:44 am::Re: "Are you drinking with me, Jesus?"|
Umm, sequitur please?
| -anon-::2006.02.26.06:40 pm::Re: "Are you drinking with me, Jesus?"|
The triumph of the monotheistic religion's morals over the minds of the newly *reborn* Cylons brought the classic Mojo Nixon song to mind. How long will they be able to walk their moral line in the intoxication of the astounding victory? I guess my subconscious grabbed the fundamental(ist) theme early in the episode, so that song kept swinging through my head.
Well, that song and images of Lucy Lawless, Grace Park, and Tricia Helfer naked and doing Belladonna-esque acts of hot, sexy perversion. They may not have improved _that_ part of the plumbing, but what about the rest?
Actually, I'd go one further and say BSG is the most compelling show on TV right now and eliminate the "possibly" and "one of the" bits. I loved the Baltar-as-figment inversion and can't wait to see what Good-Sharon does.
I missed the sex workers art show! :(
My love of BSG is new and strong. Friday's episode was really very good.